I love you to the moon and back!
Powered by Blogger.

April 10, 2012

Spring Break, and some catching up.

I really need to be better at this. So much has gone on these last few months. Troy and I applied to work at Philmont in New Mexico and we got the jobs. I will be working in the craft center at the training center. The training center is where all of the scout leaders come with their families. So I will get to work with their kids. Troy will also be working in the Training Center, only he will be in charge of setting of the conference rooms and overseeing a few workers. We will be leaving in June for the summer and we are both really excited. I am a little nervous because I don't know what to expect, but it should be full of adventures. We have some fun plans and I will do my best to post about them.

Speaking of adventures we recently went on one this past week for spring break. We went to Escalante,UT. It's called the Grand Staircase of Utah; this is because the mountains look like stairs. It's really cool. We camped all week with Troy's family and my parents. While we were there we went on several hikes. We hiked a small trail by our campsite that led us to a petrified forest. It was really neat. I remember learning about petrified wood in school and it was fun to see it in real life. We also went on a hike to some slot canyons called Spooky and Peek-a-boo. They were really awesome... in a tall canyon claustrophobic kind of way.  I've never seen anything like it before. We had to crawl, climb, and be lowered into holes. I am afraid of heights and this was a challenge to say the least. There was one part that was a huge drop in the canyon, and we had to help lower each other down the hole. Good thing Troy, my dad, Troy's dad, and his brother Cody where there to help.  I started to panic.... and if that wasn't a trust exercise I don't know what is.... needless to say I made it. Although, on the way back to our cars I rolled my ankle and had to limp up the hill.... haha oh well.
Despite some cold wind and low temperatures it was a fun trip. It was our first camping trip together as a married couple and we celebrated our 6 month anniversary. I can't believe how fast time is flying, but I guess that means we are having fun!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 6 months! That's exciting! Before you know it you'll be celebrating 5 and 10 years and just not know where the time went :) So are these jobs just for summer? It sounds like a lot of fun and cool that you guys get to go do that together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri -the jobs are just for the summer, we are excited to go and see new places... okay so Troy has been there before and seen most all of the places, but I'm excited to see new things and spend time with him.

      Delete