I love you to the moon and back!
Powered by Blogger.

June 11, 2012

Summer Time

So it has been awhile since I've updated again.... I don't know why it's so hard for me to keep up on this. Well Troy and I are in New Mexico for the summer. We are working at Philmont Scout Ranch. I work in the Handicraft center and get to do crafts with kids all summer. Troy is the services manager and is in charge of all sorts of things. He stays pretty busy.

On our drive down here we stopped at Four Corners National Park and Mesa Verde. These are two places that I have always wanted to visit. I was very excited that we got to stop and see them. At Mesa Verde we had to climb up a huge ladder to get to some of the ruins... for some reason as I get older I become more and more afraid of heights.... I have no idea why but it just happened... so climbing this ladder was not easy... but I did it!!! My heart was racing and I had Troy feel my pulse and he was shocked at how fast my heart was pumping, but I'm still alive.

We arrived at Philmont on Friday of last week. So we haven't been here long, but it's a definite change from daily life in Salt Lake. I've decided that change is hard, but hopefully it will be worth it. The weather is great here and we are up in the mountains. Troy loves it, but he has also worked here two times before and came as a scout. I'm excited to share this adventure with him. Life is always full of surprises and new challenges... so here is to a summer full of adventures and challenges...

I will do my best to keep y'all posted on what we are doing, but the internet is sometimes spotty... Hope everyone is doing great! Have a fabulous summer!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're liking it! I worked at a summer camp one year and loved it! It was a lot of work but so worth it! I still have very fond memories of it. I loved all your pics on Facebook of the ruins. Good job for climbing up there!! I'm excited to see more updates :)

    ReplyDelete